Did you lose power?
Albemarle EMC to conduct scheduled power outage in Perquimans County | WAVY.com Open Navigation Close Navigation
The outage will take place at 7 a.m. to make emergency repairs and affected members' power will be off for approximately 30 minutes.
UPDATE: Eastman plant in Kingsport reports iodine release in steam plume during power outage | Business | therogersvillereview.com
Employees on-site told the Review they heard what sounded like an explosion moments after the outage. Employees were subsequently taken to Eastman's "Safe Haven" location within the facility.
Major power outage reported in Western Tidewater area; power restored to nearly all customers | WAVY.com Open Navigation Close Navigation
A major power outage has been reported in the Western Tidewater area on Monday morning.
Several hundred remain without power across East Tennessee Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Thousands of customers are without power across Claiborne, Union and Campbell County.
Work to restore electricity continues for those who live in some of the more remote sections of the foothills.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Newport, Tennessee
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.