Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Orlando, Florida? Contact your local utility company.
Orlando Power Outages Caused by Weather
Osceola County hard-hit by Hurricane Ian mostly unscathed after Nicole - Central Florida News - 90.7 WMFE
Osceola County hard-hit by Hurricane Ian mostly unscathed after Nicole
Update (Nov. 14): The Orange County Sheriff's Office has released the identities of the man and woman killed after coming into contact with a live power line in the wake of Hurricane Nicole. Authorities said Kahlil Malik Sapp, 23, and Kianna Shaundadrea Sapp, 23, died. Both were siblings and shared the same birthday.
Power outages from Hurricane Nicole hit major providers in Central Florida facebook twitter instagram rss
The Florida Public Service Commission on Wednesday morning began to chart power outages attributed to Hurricane Nicole.
More than 70,000 power outages were reported on Thursday as Nicole made landfall in Florida as a hurricane. Nicole has now weakened to a tropical storm.
The Orange County Fire Department was called to evacuate Guests from The Incredible Hulk Coaster at Islands of Adventure.
Hurricane Ian’s invisible toll: At least 41 cases of carbon monoxide poisoning confirmed Newspaper icon Email Plus Outline icon My Account icon
In just two weeks, the incidents have accounted for nearly a quarter of Florida’s carbon monoxide cases this year.
Flooding, outages plague central Florida senior facilities after Ian Newspaper icon Email Plus Outline icon My Account icon
Under a 2018 Florida law, nursing homes and assisted living facilities are required to have an emergency plan and a backup power source.
Flooding, power outages plague Central Florida senior facilities after Hurricane Ian – Orlando Sentinel
After Hurricane Ian, families and nursing home advocacy groups worry hurricane regulations are too lax in assisted living facilities and nursing homes.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Orlando, Florida
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
|Zip Codes||32801, 32802, 32803, 32804, 32805, 32806, 32807, 32808, 32809, 32810|