Did you lose power?
The cost of blackouts and hunger in Ukraine weather_iconWhite circle red arrow weather_iconWhite circle red arrow weather_iconWhite circle red arrow weather_iconWhite circle red arrow
Ukrainians are preparing for the worst
Flood threat remains in NSW; Daniel Andrews asks ‘what is the point’ of Herald Sun story revisiting his fall – as it happened | Australia news | The Guardian
This blog is now closed
Disneyland Paris has been experiencing an uptick in power outages, causing frustration as Guests cannot scan passes or use their credit cards.
Climate change is on the ballot this November—and every elected official in Georgia has a role to play in fighting it - Atlanta Magazine
Nearly a week after Hurricane Ian devastated Southwest Florida, more than 60% of Lee County Electric Cooperative customers remained without power as of Monday.
It is our own people who rob and abuse us.
More than 3,500 homes and businesses are currently without power in Arlington due to a reported transformer fire.
Some of Europe's biggest banks are preparing back-up generators and to dim the lights as they brace for potential power cuts and energy rationing that
Over 1,500 customers are reporting power outages in Elmira on Wednesday morning, according to NYSEG.
Former child star Jerry Mathers, who played the title character in "Leave It To Beaver," in the 1950s and '60s, joined in the fun Saturday on Paris Hill as residents marked the 213th birthday of Hannibal Hamlin, who served as first vice president for Abraham Lincoln.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.