Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Pinehurst, Texas? Contact your local utility company.
Hurricane Ian: Moore County ‘Very Fortunate’ After Seeing Minimal Impacts from Storm | News | thepilot.com
UPDATE (Oct. 2, 10 p.m.): Heavy rains and high winds from Hurricane Ian disrupted life in Moore County, at one point leaving nearly a quarter of the area’s electricity customers
More than 1,400 in Guilford County now without power | FOX8 WGHP Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
GREENSBORO, N.C. (WGHP) — After only sporadic power outages all day, Guilford County now has about 1,440 customers in the dark. The affected areas shown on Duke Energy’s outage map appear to be just north of I-40/85 where it intersects with I-840 on the eastern end of Greensboro. This is an area south of McLeansville […]
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Pinehurst, Texas
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.