Did you lose power?
Bigger than basketball.' No. 2 Gonzaga, Michigan State to meet in highly-anticipated Armed Forces Classic | The Spokesman-Review Arrow-right Camera The Spokesman-Review Newspaper The Spokesman-Review Newspaper Sports The Spokesman-Review Newspaper
SAN DIEGO – Tom Izzo notched two victories on Monday night. The longtime Michigan State coach picked up career win No. 667 in relatively easy fashion, beating Northern Arizona 73-55 at the Breslin Center, before getting a phone call that could go a long way toward securing No. 668.
Another 2,500 customers are out in Somerset County.
Michigan AG Scrutinizing DTE’s Debt Collection Practices — ProPublica ProPublica Mail Arrow Right Menu Close Search Compass ProPublica Menu Close Search Racial Justice Healthcare Politics Criminal Justice Facebook Twitter Instagram Twitter Facebook Link Contrast Sun Moon ProPublica Arrow Right ProPublica Mail Twitter Message Mail Arrow Right ProPublica Close
As DTE Energy pushes for a rate increase, the state is taking a closer look at its sale of customer debt to collection agencies. The company’s use of shut-offs and response to outages are also drawing criticism.
Power outages in the US in the past 10 years increased by 64% compared to the previous decade.
Colorado Rockies news: The Rockies and their power outage - Purple Row clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile Horizontal - White Follow Purple Row on Twitter Follow Purple Row on Facebook Search Horizontal - White Horizontal - White Vox Media
Colorado Rockies news and links for Wednesday, August 24th, 2022
80,000 customers were knocked out before crews started re-routing power to substations in Morris and Sussex counties.
Power was reported still out to hundreds of NYSEG customers in Chenango County and Tioga County early August 5.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.