Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Rayne, Louisiana? Contact your local utility company.
It was a very close call for a tractor trailer driver who was lucky to miss traffic after driving down an embankment and crossing several lanes of traffic in the Rayne, Louisiana area.
St. Martin Parish is currently experiencing a major power outage seemingly affecting Breaux Bridge specifically. About 13% of the entire parish is without power, according to poweroutage.us. 85% of Cleco customers in the area were without power at 1 p.m.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Rayne, Louisiana
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.