Did you lose power?
Savannah Power Outages Caused by Weather
Mosaic Life Care is aware of a Suddenlink major outage that has resulted in no incoming or outgoing calls on our landlines. The outage is based in Texas and is
(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) A storm system knocked out power for tens of thousands of customers Wednesday in the St. Joseph area.
(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) Fewer than 600 people are without power Thursday night in St. Joseph according to Evergy.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.