Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Shreveport, Louisiana? Contact your local utility company.
US midterm election cybersecurity. OPERA1ER's success with commodity tools. Insider threats. Influence ops. Search the site Search the site Search the site Search the site
Cybersecurity on US Election Day. Details on the OPERA1ER threat activity. Insider threats: seasonal and secular trends. Hacktivist auxiliaries: influence operators in the hybrid war.
SHREVEPORT, La. – Several hundred SWEPCO customers were without power, even before the worst of the weather arrived Friday evening.
Storms Cause Power Outage Downtown + Accused Scammer Indicted - Dallas, TX - The quickest way to get caught up on the most important things happening today in Dallas.
SHREVEPORT, La. -- Woodlawn High School dismissed students at 11:45 a.m. Tuesday because of a power outage affecting the campus.
More than 10,000 Virginians lost power Wednesday in Virginia Beach after a squirrel got into a substation.
SHREVEPORT, La. -- Southwestern Electric Power Co. announced today new measures to help residential customers facing high bills due to increased demand and rising fuel costs.
Tank gets hung up on power lines, leading to spill and grass fire Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Power outage knocks out traffic lights at Hilry Huckaby III Avenue at Russell Road
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Shreveport, Louisiana
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.