Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Snow Hill, Maryland? Contact your local utility company.
More than a thousand Dominion Power customers in Tysons lost power Friday night, thanks to a rat.
80,000 customers were knocked out before crews started re-routing power to substations in Morris and Sussex counties.
Hurricane Harbor and Wild Safari are operating as scheduled, according to a Six Flags spokeswoman.
A hot, humid Tuesday ended with severe thunderstorms across the D.C. area. Here’s what you need to know.
Thousands of power customers across Northern Virginia are waking up without electricity after severe storms swept the region.
Ohio power outage: Blackouts vs. brownouts and which AEP picked Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
AEP Ohio had to take certain steps to reduce or cut power altogether at the order of its regional overseer, PJM Interconnection, to avoid a more widespread power grid failure. Electrical companies refer to the practice of reducing power strain as load shedding, and there are two ways the utility providers can do it: brownouts or blackouts.
Widespread outages continue through Wednesday after storms blew through central Ohio
Strong thunderstorms are in Sunday evening’s forecast, capping off an unusually hot and humid spring weekend for the D.C. region. See the latest forecast.
Northeast winter storm dumps up to a foot of snow, snarls travel - The Washington Post The Washington Post Comment on this story Wp ArrowRight GiftOutline Loading... Refresh
Binghamton, N.Y. set an April two-day snowfall record with over 14 inches
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Snow Hill, Maryland