Did you lose power?
Residents in the Westfield Village Community are frustrated after dealing with several gas leaks, power outages, and a boil water notice over the past week.
The 11th annual International Diwali Dusshera Festival will be held on Saturday, Oct. 15. at Sugar Land's Constellation Field.
Meet the Sugar Land Woman Who Had a Generator Installed In Just 9 Days facebook twitter instagram rss
Pam Liedy is a first responder. She can’t leave town when disaster hits which is why a generator is a must for her home, and she found one fast with Generator Industries.
The city of Sugar Land landed a spot in Fortune's inaugural 25 Best Places to Live for...
Sgt. Busted For Selling Fentanyl + Power Outage Downtown + Free ?? - Austin, TX - The quickest way to get caught up on the most important things happening today in Austin.
South African President Cyril Ramaphosa has an urgent meeting scheduled with his Cabinet to discuss an electricity crisis which has led to unprecedented levels of nationwide power blackouts.
Find out what’s going on in the greater Sugar Land area.
Flight operations at Hobby Airport back to normal after small fire in generator causes outage, airport officials say facebook twitter instagram rss
Travelers faced several delays at Hobby Airport on Saturday after airport officials say a small fire was found in one of their generators.
The public is invited to meet, greet and provide feedback on the two finalists chosen for...
Airport officials say an early morning power outage at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport caused delays and cancellations even after electricity was restored.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Sugar Land, Texas
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.