Did you lose power?
Quadball, or quidditch, has a regional tournament this weekend in Marion.
A barn and a house in the Town of Owego are said to be a total loss following a fire October 19 that drew firefighters from Tioga and Broome counties.
PETOSKEY — Traverse City West accomplished something it hadn't done in over two decades.
Southeast Michigan storm aftermath: Boil advisories, power outages, a tornado, closings, and live wire death
School closures, power outages, boil advisories, a possible tornado, and at least one death after a teenager made contact with a live wire is what's greeting Metro Detroit Tuesday morning after thunderstorms knocked out electricity for hundreds of thousands of residents.
Storms moved through southeastern Michigan causing power outages across the region.
6K Without Power In Royal Oak, Madison Heights: DTE - Royal Oak, MI - The largest outage in Royal Oak was centered in the area of 12 Mile and South Campbell roads, the utility said.
80,000 customers were knocked out before crews started re-routing power to substations in Morris and Sussex counties.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Auburn Hills, Michigan
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Auburn Hills, Michigan
|Zip Codes||48321, 48326|