Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Baker, Montana? Contact your local utility company.
Gonzaga ROTC Team Braves The Elements to Win the Task Force East Ranger Challenge Competition | Gonzaga University
The Gonzaga Black team was put to the test by their fellow cadets, but ultimately triumphed to win the contest by a single point over Washington State University.
DeSantis: Hurricane Ian looters could get shot; sees progress with power outages | National | stardem.com
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis sees progress being made with widespread power outages from Hurricane Ian and warned Friday that storm-related looters could get shot.
Tropical Storm Ian power outages in Florida reach 2.5 million as storm makes landfall | Fox Business
Reported power outages in Florida reached 2.5 million people by Wednesday night as Tropical Storm Ian slammed the state. The major hurricane made landfall as a Category 4 storm.
Montana Dakota Utilities said they have adequate power supply and expect no blackouts stemming from heat waves in the middle of the United States.
Severe weather and storms left more than 140,000 customers without power on Wednesday morning in the mid-Atlantic U.S. Trees fell on vehicles and damaged houses.
House GOP press Biden energy officials on prep for potential summer outages amid green energy push | Fox Business
House Energy and Commerce Republicans pointed to NERC's recent assessment warning of potential outages this summer and probed the administration on their plan to address the problem.
Thousands of Austin residents were left without power for several hours over the weekend during a mid-spring heat wave in the latest sign that the Texas' capital is struggling to keep up with surging population growth.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Baker, Montana
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.