Did you lose power?
All day this Election Day, the Capital-Star will bring you the very latest on the 2022 general election.
A crew was on site Monday evening, and power was expected to be restored by the end of the day, Consumers Energy said.
According to DTE’s Outage Map, roughly 6,000 customers are in the dark after an unknown animal, possibly a pesky bird, damaged company equipment.
Michigan utilities focus on grid reliability and resilience to reduce prolonged outages – Macomb Daily
Thousands lose power in Dimondale, Grand Ledge Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Eaton County officials do not yet have an estimate on when power will be restored.
Power outage at Austin airport leads to flight delays Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
An early morning power outage Wednesday at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport caused flight delays that continued even after electricity was restored.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Clinton Township, Michigan
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.