Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Copperas Cove, Texas? Contact your local utility company.
Nearly 70 households in Nolanville were without power on Friday due to a vehicle incident.
The Texas Department of Public Safety teamed with Copperas Cove PD to arrest the nine men accused of being online child predators.
Students were released beginning at 9:55 a.m. with buses in full operation to return students to their homes.
Oncor is reporting that nearly 2,000 customers are without power in Copperas Cove.
Organizers from Killeen Public Library brought a wide variety of board games, puzzles, cards, dominoes and other items to the Killeen Civic and Conference Center on Tuesday.
The City of Mexia is experiencing cellphone and internet outages across the city.
Temperatures continue to fall as Killeen area battles Winter Storm Landon | Local News | kdhnews.com
Update 2:50 p.m.: The city of Harker Heights provided an update on trash collection services Thursday afternoon.
Nearly 20,000 without power in Killeen - and no estimate on when it will be restored | Breaking | kdhnews.com
Nearly 20,000 electric customers in the Killeen area — just under 30% of all customers served in the Killeen area — remained without power Tuesday, and there is no timetable
Winter storm puts blanket of white over Killeen; Rolling blackouts in effect | Breaking | kdhnews.com
Killeen-Fort Hood area residents woke up to a blanket of snow, single-digit temperatures and rolling electricity blackouts Monday after a winter storm passed through, crippling much of Texas in its
Texas’ grid operator warns rolling blackouts are possible as winter storm escalates demand for electricity Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Temporary power outages, which would last around 10 to 45 minutes, are a last resort, officials say. The peak demand for power is expected to exceed the all-time record.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Copperas Cove, Texas
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.