Did you lose power?
Dillon Power Outages Caused by Weather
Power outages and downed trees reported in Billings after Sunday evening storm | News | montanarightnow.com
BILLINGS, Mont. - Hundreds lost power after the storm Sunday evening in Billings. In addition, city residents reported flooding, hail and downed trees.
A crash north of Kalispell caused an outage for over 2,000 early Thursday morning | ABC Fox Kalispell | montanarightnow.com
WHITEFISH, Mont. - A driver is walking away uninjured from an accident that knocked out power for over 2,000 people north of Kalispell early Thursday morning.
Hit-and-run causes outage for over 1,700 in Kalispell area | ABC Fox Kalispell | montanarightnow.com
KALISPELL, Mont. - A high-voltage Padmount switch was hit in Kalispell Saturday night, causing a power outage to many in the area.
Thousands of customers in Mansfield lost power Thursday afternoon after an “equipment issue” with a transmission line that feeds the area, according to an Ohio Edison spokeswoman.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.