Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Gaines, Michigan? Contact your local utility company.
OAKLAND, Calif. (KRON) — A power outage in Oakland is impacting nearly 3,500 customers, according to a tweet shared by the Oakland Fire Department. OFD says Pacific Gas & Electric Company notified the department of a power outage in the areas of Adams Point and Lake Merritt. Crews are currently on the scene assessing the […]
LAKE CITY — Power has been restored in parts of Lake City after a transformer blew out Thursday afternoon.
A food pantry in Livermore was forced to close early this week due to anticipated power outages across the East Bay, according to a post from the organization Tri-Valley Haven.
ALAMEDA, Calif. (KRON) — A public utility company in Alameda cut power to over a thousand customers on Tuesday in what the company is calling an “unnecessary” outage, according to a statement from Alameda Municipal Power. Around 5:45 p.m. on Tuesday the California Independent Operator (CA ISO) issued a level three power emergency. The Northern […]
Diablo Valley College cancels Pleasant Hill classes due to power outage Open Navigation Close Navigation
PLEASANT HILL, Calif. (KRON) — Power outages have been hitting the Bay Area since the heat wave began to strain our power grid, and one East Bay college is cancelling classes due to the outage, according to a tweet from the school. Diablo Valley College located in Pleasant Hill announced on Tuesday that all classes […]
Livermore power outage leaves residents sweltering as city experiences record temperatures Open Navigation Close Navigation
A few areas across the Bay even broke records, according to the National Weather Service.
Damage in Gaines Twp. and power outages near Kalamazoo after storms | WOODTV.com Open Navigation Close Navigation
There are multiple reports of damage in the Byron Center area after a storm hit.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Gaines, Michigan
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.