Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Galva, Iowa? Contact your local utility company.
MidAmerican Energy Company
Report an Outage(888) 427-5632 Report Online
Iowa Lakes Electric Coop
Report an Outage(800) 225-4532
North West Rural Electric Coop
Report an Outage(800) 766-2099
Western Iowa Power Coop
Report an Outage(515) 276-5350
Woodbury County Rural E C A
Report an Outage(800) 469-3125
Veteran's Day Celebrations Throughout Eastern Iowa loading... loading... loading... loading...
Veteran's Day is coming up this Friday, and we as a nation come together to honor those who put it all on the line to protect our freedoms.
Nov 10, 2022
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other Iowa cities.