Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Kootenai, Idaho? Contact your local utility company.
Avista reported more than 6,100 customers without power at one point on Monday as temperatures dropped below freezing.
Several trees went down at Coeur d'Alene City Park. A ponderosa pine crushed a drive-thru at the U.S. Bank on Seltice Way in Post Falls.
COLVILLE, Wash. - About 229 Avista customers in Colville with lose power on Sept. 23, according to a release from the utility company. The outage will begin at 8 a.m.
Thunderstorms rolling through our area have caused power outages in the southern part of our service territory. More than 2,100 members in the Worley, Rockford Bay and Plummer areas are affected.
Inland Power shuts down for 1,000 customers in West Plains to prevent wildfire on Wednesday morning | The Spokesman-Review Arrow-right Camera The Spokesman-Review Newspaper The Spokesman-Review Newspaper The Spokesman-Review The Spokesman-Review Newspaper
More than 1,000 customers were without power in the West Plains after Inland Power lines went down to prevent potential wildfires on Wednesday morning.
Power outages and downed trees reported in Billings after Sunday evening storm | News | montanarightnow.com
BILLINGS, Mont. - Hundreds lost power after the storm Sunday evening in Billings. In addition, city residents reported flooding, hail and downed trees.
Lightning and thunder woke up many people overnight in Spokane, eastern Washington, and north Idaho. The storms also knocked out power to thousands of people.
Power outages reported
LIVE UPDATES: Tracking power outages and damage from winds in the Spokane area and north Idaho | News | khq.com
SPOKANE, Wash. - KHQ has placed a Weather Authority Alert for strong winds throughout Monday afternoon and into the evening. There's a potential for gusts approaching 50-60 mph which could
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Kootenai, Idaho
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.