Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Lake Saint Louis, Missouri? Contact your local utility company.
80,000 customers were knocked out before crews started re-routing power to substations in Morris and Sussex counties.
Power was reported still out to hundreds of NYSEG customers in Chenango County and Tioga County early August 5.
A statewide drill is scheduled for next week.
Investigators have clues about what killed a Missouri family of four | FOX 2 Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
Investigators in Iron County, Missouri believe the tragic deaths of a family of four happened after a power outage in the Lake Killarney area.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
|City||Lake Saint Louis|