Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Matthews, North Carolina? Contact your local utility company.
Matthews Power Outages Caused by Weather
Control of Congress is still at stake, as votes continue to be counted in key races.
WCNC Charlotte has reached out to Duke Energy for more details on what's causing the outages and when power is expected to be restored.
Fallen trees in Piedmont Triad damage homes, knock out power for around 350,000 people across NC | FOX8 WGHP Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
THOMASVILLE, N.C. (WGHP) — Fallen trees are causing problems on Friday afternoon as the remnants of Hurricane Ian continue to cause storms in the Piedmont Triad. Gary Gray, his wife and son were at their home on Arden Place in High Point, when they heard a loud noise. “It almost sounded like you could hear […]
WFMY News 2 is bringing you live Friday updates on weather conditions, Duke Energy power outages, damage, and flooding from Ian across the Greensboro area.
Preparing For Hurricane Ian Power Outages Preparing For Hurricane Ian Power Outages Facebook Twitter Instagram
Southwest Florida officials are preparing for Hurricane Ian power outages and have a plan that begins with critical service providers first.
Duke Energy confirmed the majority of the cases are expected to be restored at 8 p.m.
Power restored, road reopened after fire at Duke Energy substation in Matthews Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
According to Duke Energy, the fire occurred on a portable piece of equipment that was being used as part of maintenance work at the substation.
The Carolinas are hoping to thaw out after an icy mix left roads covered and impassable in many areas.
A winter storm moves through the Carolinas bringing sleet, snow and power outages | WFAE 90.7 - Charlotte's NPR News Source
The latest forecast from the National Weather Service is calling for a mix of snow, sleet, and freezing rain to continue through about 3 p.m. Sunday in the Charlotte area. We'll update here throughout the day.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Matthews, North Carolina
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Matthews, North Carolina
|State||North Carolina (NC)|
|Zip Codes||28104, 28105, 28106|