Did you lose power?
PG&E is reporting that the outage stretches from Calaveras Big Trees State Park to Vallecito.
About 7,000 Pacific Gas and Electric Co. customers lost power Monday morning for a period in the Marysville area, the utility said.
Unexpected power outage affects almost 2,000 Oroville customers, PG&E says – Chico Enterprise-Record
According to an outage map from SMUD, the outage started around 12:03 p.m. on Monday in Galt.
Follow our live coverage as expected east winds Friday and Saturday bring preparations and heightened wildfire concerns to Oregon.
A PG&E spokesperson told ABC10 Wednesday California customers could earn $2 in credits toward your bill for each kilowatt hour of energy saved.
PG&E reports all power has been restored in this morning's Arnold area outage and detailed the weather cause.
Lights left on in downtown Sacramento buildings overnight as Californians asked to conserve - CBS Sacramento
Not everyone is heeding the call for power conservation.
A line of severe thunderstorms caused street flooding, power outages to thousands and downed trees throughout North Texas Sunday afternoon. In Old East Dallas, ...
PG&E is providing some details about what led to 1,061 customers losing electricity today around Jamestown and Sonora.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Mc Farland, California
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Mc Farland, California