Did you lose power?
KYIV, Ukraine (AP) — Russia said it began withdrawing troops from a strategic Ukrainian city Thursday, creating a potential turning point in the grind
KYIV, Ukraine (AP) — Russia's military said Wednesday it will withdraw from the only Ukrainian regional capital it captured, but Kyiv was skeptical an
Disclosure as zero-day prep. Election security. Hacktivism and satcom in the hybrid war. Search the site Search the site Search the site Search the site
Microsoft accuses China of using vulnerability disclosure to develop zero-days. Election security on the eve of the US midterms. US FBI rates hacktivist contributions to Russia's war as "unsophisticated." Starlink and tactical communications. Firer's remorse.
Patch notes, including OpenSSL updates. CISA and election security. Notes on the hybrid war. Trends in cybercrime. Search the site Search the site Search the site Search the site
OpenSSL patches two vulnerabilities. CISA and election security. Killnet attempted DDoS against the US Treasury. Raccoon Stealer and the war in Ukraine. CISA issues one ICS Advisory. XDR data reveals threat trends. Business email compromise and gift cards.
Lack of fuel and a spike in electricity demand caused the country’s worst blackout in 8 years
Hurricane Ian knocked out power for millions in Florida. CBS News' Lana Zak and Tanya Rivero speak with Melissa Seixas, the Florida state president of Duke Energy, about efforts to restore power.
Extreme heat is testing the way energy is generated, delivered and traded — and raising the prospect of perpetual emergencies.
An early morning power outage Wednesday at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport caused flight delays and cancellations that continued even after electricity was restored.
Planned Power Outage for Colton, Uniontown, Genesee and Surrounding Area set for Aug. 11 | Idaho | bigcountrynewsconnection.com
COLTON - Approximately 1,314 Avista electric customers in Colton, Uniontown, and Genesee will experience a planned power outage on Thursday, Aug 11. The planned outage will begin at 10:00 p.m.
The fallout from Rogers' brief internet outage in Canada was similar to what WEF founder Klaus Schwab had described at Cyber Polygon 2020: perspective
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Moscow, Idaho
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
|Zip Codes||83843, 83844|