Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in O Brien, Texas? Contact your local utility company.
Some of the world’s largest banks are dusting down their lockdown contingency plans to guard against possible power outages in London this winter.
Utility industry news and analysis for energy professionals.
‘It’s unbearable!’ Southie residents seek relief in cars during 24-hour experience without power – Boston 25 News
South Africa is being hit by the worst power outages in more than two years as the state electricity company contends with multiple plant breakdowns after illegal protests followed a deadlock in wage negotiations.
There won’t be enough energy supplies to go around as sweltering heat boosts power demand in the months ahead, putting lives at risk.
The Texas grid operator called on residents to conserve energy Friday after six generation facilities tripped offline amid hot weather, prompting power prices to spike.
Apple Inc. resolved a widespread network outage on Monday that had knocked services such as Apple Music, iCloud and the App Store offline for some users and hobbled its internal systems.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
O Brien, Texas