Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Saint Rose, Louisiana? Contact your local utility company.
Power outages and heavy traffic are the result of a two-car crash at the intersection of Route 28 and Old Barnstable Road in Mashpee on Monday, October 10, at 10:55
Hurricane Ian continues to batter Florida as a Category 1 storm while officials warn the worst is yet to come | CNN Close icon
Hurricane Ian continued to batter the Florida peninsula with a catastrophic trifecta of high winds, heavy rain and historic storm surge Wednesday night, even as it weakened to a Category 1 storm, the National Hurricane Center said.
Heavy rains began in San Diego and moved north, with some expected to last into Saturday.
An unusual power outage on Saturday afternoon resulted in many downtown businesses closing early as searing temperatures neared triple digits.
Verizon users in Los Angeles and elsewhere on the West Coast reported widespread outages Wednesday afternoon, but service appeared to be returning to normal....
Tornado aftermath in New Orleans metro: Follow live coverage of damage reports, outages | Weather | nola.com
See the latest photos of the damage in Arabi and New Orleans East.
For the latest updates on weather conditions in New Orleans and Southeast Louisiana, follow Your Local Weather Experts at WWL-TV.
In Florida, some see a model for Louisiana's ailing electric grid after devastating hurricanes | News | nola.com
Two consecutive hurricane seasons brought hellish storms that battered the electrical grid and left millions languishing in the summer heat, waiting for the power to come back on. A chorus
Hurricane Ida damaged or destroyed 30,679 poles, 36,469 spans of wire and 5,959 transformers, says Entergy, the power provider for New Orleans.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Saint Rose, Louisiana
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Saint Rose, Louisiana