Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Schriever, Louisiana? Contact your local utility company.
Terrebonne and Lafourche residents should expect power outages to last for weeks after Hurricane Ida
It will take weeks to restore power to many Houma-Thibodaux area residents after Hurricane Ida passes, officials said today.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Schriever, Louisiana
Kermit PARODY: Power Outage https://t.co/U8qtmgul2I
Monday morning Gov. John Bel Edwards said Louisiana will first focus on search and rescue. https://t.co/xXsPHVfVCO
@elsbet Power outages are pretty tricky for us for the medical equipment alone. It causes all kinds of chaos! Tha… https://t.co/X2BZcnMMoS
The power outage is so bad in Texas that my cousin in Oregon has been without power for over 105 hours. My two cous… https://t.co/d78qN6IBjw
A winter storm with icy roads, power outages and dangerously low temperatures has snarled traffic from coast to coa… https://t.co/jQfyZW6Ntx
A winter storm with icy roads, power outages and dangerously low temperatures has snarled traffic from coast to coa… https://t.co/ZdCaclT6qa
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other Louisiana cities.