Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Strasburg, Colorado? Contact your local utility company.
Outages reported in with severe storms Tuesday Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Dominion Energy is reporting outages for the Shenandoah County area due to Tuesday’s storm.
The Town of Front Royal Energy Services Department has received several questions and complaints regarding power outages and blinks. Recently we have seen an increase in power outages related to wildlife - primarily squirrels. Be assured that wildlife protection equipment has been installed across our system - however, they continue to find their way onto
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.