Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Big Sky, Montana? Contact your local utility company.
A Grip on Sports: Before the storm of college football hits today, we were overwhelmed a bit by the wind | The Spokesman-Review Arrow-right Camera The Spokesman-Review Newspaper The Spokesman-Review Newspaper The Spokesman-Review The Spokesman-Review Newspaper
A GRIP ON SPORTS • We didn’t hear a “timber.” But even if the squirrel that lives in our maple tree had screamed it at the top of its lungs, the wind was howling so intently at 1:15 in the morning, we wouldn’t have heard it. We did, however, hear the big limb crash into the house.
The Bonneville Power Administration has informed Flathead Electric Cooperative of a planned power outage for later this week.
Kelsey Lodge provided some background information about the members-only energy cooperative.
Yellowstone Valley Electric Co-op plateau's rates amid worldwide shortages | State | fairfieldsuntimes.com
HUNTLY, Mont. - Power grids around the world are seeing shortages and many are feeling the impact of this in some way, however, one local co-op is attempting to make
A Wednesday afternoon power outage is impacting over 2,700 NorthWestern Energy customers in Missoula.
Temperature and energy use records shattered on Tuesday as power grid officials begged homeowners to turn down their air-conditioning.
Electric service to one of downtown Binghamton's tallest buildings was knocked out following a reported transformer explosion.
NorthWestern Energy customers and Vigilante Electric Cooperative members in the Clancy and Jefferson City areas will have a planned power outage from 1:30 to 4:30 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 24.
A Tuesday power failure is impacting the operations at the wastewater treatment plant in Columbia Falls.
Service is being turned back on to approximately 1,200 NorthWestern Energy natural gas customers in East Missoula.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Big Sky, Montana
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.