Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Billings, Montana? Contact your local utility company.
SPOKANE, Wash. - Strong winds moved through the Inland Northwest Friday night into Saturday morning, at one point leaving more than 26,000 people without power.
California avoids outages after day of grid-straining heat Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
The California Independent System Operator on Wednesday thanked residents and businesses for heeding another “flex alert,” a request to reduce electricity consumption during peak evening hours.
California avoided rolling outages during extreme heat Wednesday
SPOKANE, Wash. - On Saturday evening, numerous outages in the Spokane area have left around 5,000 Avista customers without power.
Battery storage is a relatively new tool for banking low-cost energy for later use or sale when prices are high.
Montana Dakota Utilities said they have adequate power supply and expect no blackouts stemming from heat waves in the middle of the United States.
Homes between Dayton, Elmo and Big Arm were in various levels of evacuation preparation Friday evening.
BILLINGS, Mont. - Hundreds are without power following a storm in Billings Sunday.
A downed power line on I-90 near 27th st. in Billings forced road closures and long lines of backed up traffic in both directions.
Two children are among the six people who died in a pileup after a Friday evening dust storm caused blackout conditions on Interstate 90.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Billings, Montana
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.