Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Cheraw, South Carolina? Contact your local utility company.
Little damage in Marion County as Hurricane Ian makes landfall
MARION, S.C. – Marion County was spared little damage as clean-up crews worked through Saturday morning in Mullins and Marion. Most power outages were restored within 24 hours.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Cheraw, South Carolina
Cheraw, SC (6:21 PM) Grid Power Outage Event >> The Ting Network detected an Electric Utility Grid Power Outage eve… https://t.co/32qr0iugjE
Cheraw, SC (2:08 PM) Grid Power Outage Event >> The Ting Network detected an Electric Utility Grid Power Outage eve… https://t.co/gXA6vCBco0
@DukeEnergy not sure what good your power outage number is when it tells me it is unable to report that I still hav… https://t.co/meMz3WkA93
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other South Carolina cities.
Cheraw, South Carolina
|State||South Carolina (SC)|