Did you lose power?
Control of Congress is still at stake, as votes continue to be counted in key races.
John Fetterman wins Senate race and Josh Shapiro elected Pa. governor as Democrats take both statewide races tooltip tooltip
Voters have chosen Pennsylvania's next governor and a new U.S. senator to represent the commonwealth.
Electric service to one of downtown Binghamton's tallest buildings was knocked out following a reported transformer explosion.
The power outages affected thousands in Morris and Sussex counties after the line collapsed across a section of Route 80 West in Jefferson.
Power was reported still out to hundreds of NYSEG customers in Chenango County and Tioga County early August 5.
Congressman Frank Pallone has sent a letter to the president of Jersey Central Power & Light, demanding that the utility offer detailed explanations about outages that affected his district on Jan. 17, 21 and 26.
Pummeling winds hit Monroe County, cut off power for over 40,000 residents | RochesterFirst Open Navigation Close Navigation
Mayor James Smith announced that the city will offer temporary warming shelters for residents without heat after yesterday’s wind storm.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Jefferson Valley, New York
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Jefferson Valley, New York
|State||New York (NY)|